Česká spořitelna is a bank with the longest tradition in the Czech market. It has been one of the fundamental pillars of the Czech banking system for over 195 years. Under the Česká spořitelna – Corporate Banking brand, the bank provides a comprehensive solution for entrepreneurs and companies. Česká spořitelna has grown into the position of the leading corporate lender in the Czech Republic. It is the market leader in the area of providing financial services to municipalities and the public sector. Thanks to the wide range of foreign exchange, interest rate, commodity and money market products, Česká spořitelna occupies a dominant position also in treasury services and products for large, small and medium-sized businesses. Thanks to the strong backing of Erste Group Bank, the bank is able to provide services to clients also in foreign markets.
What are Česká spořitelna’s key competitive advantages?
- Long-term stability
- Strong credit ratings.
- Long tradition.
- Clear strategic focus on CEE.
- Market leadership
- Largest network of branches and cash services.
- Full range of services in commercial and investment banking.
- 4.67 million retail and corporate clients.
- Local expertise
- Niche services other banks do not provide.
- Knowledge of the local context.
- Strongest player in banking with municipalities.
- Wide portfolio of banking services and products supporting foreign investments throughout all stages of their lifecycle
- Plain vanilla financing (investment loans, working capital financing, overdrafts).
- Trade, export and asset-based finance (buyer’s credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, real estate financing, leasing).
- Structured financing (club and syndicated loans, acquisition and LBO finance, project finance).
- Our international desk will provide you with information and assistance for opening a business in all CEE countries where Erste operates.
- Our EU office can provide you with thematic and also tailor-made reports on macroeconomic and sector topics.
- Erste Grantika Advisory will guide you through EU and state funds and subsidies eligible for your investments in the Czech Republic.
- Leading provider of loans to entrepreneurs, companies and public sector entities.
- Leading arranger of syndicated, club, acquisition and project financing solutions.
- Leading arranger of foreign and domestic bond issues for both local and international clients.
- The largest provider of depositary and custody services to corporate and institutional clients.
- Leading M&A advisor for local and regional clients from both the business and public sectors.
- The largest EUR/CZK trader and leading provider of treasury services to corporate and public sector clients.
- The largest asset manager for external institutional clients.
- We acquire more than 800 new clients a year in the SME sector.
- We provide services to the public and non-profit sectors, including the majority of statutory towns and regions, and a large percentage of city authorities and municipalities.
Funding & Advisory
- Syndicated & Club Finance.
- Acquisition & LBO Finance.
- Real Estate / Project & Infrastructure Finance.
- Debt Capital Markets.
- CF and M&A Advisory.
- Debt & Rating Advisory.
- Grant Advisory.
- Cash Management.
- Card Acceptance.
- Trade Finance.
- Export Finance.
- FX Markets.
- Interest Rates Markets.
- Derivatives & Structured Products.
- Client & Treasury Solutions.
- Asset Management.
Selected awards in 2019
For the third consecutive year, Erste Private Banking was declared to be the best private banking in the Czech Republic by the British economic magazine World Finance.
Premium Card Issuer 2018 and Commercial Card Issuer 2018
Česká spořitelna received two awards for the greatest absolute growth in the volume of premium cards issued (Premium Card Issuer 2018) and for the greatest absolute growth in the volume of commercial cards issued (Commercial Card Issuer 2018). The awards were given by Mastercard.
In the course of 2019, Česká spořitelna and its subsidiaries received many domestic awards, confirming the quality of products and services provided.
Bank of the Year 2019
The Bank of the Year 2019 awards were given in recognition of the retail products and services of banks and insurance companies. Česká spořitelna won in the Barrier-free Bank category and took second place in the main category.
Česká spořitelna – penzijní společnost won the Financial Product of the Year 2019 award. It took first place in the category Supplementary Pension Savings for 2019.
“Zlatá koruna” (“Golden Crown”) 2019
- Česká spořitelna kept its gold award for mortgages from the preceding year.
- Gold in the Payment Cards category for the prestigious VISA INFINITE debit card issued with Spořitelna’s Premier account.
- The Nová krev (“New Blood”) company loan for start-ups took gold in the Business Loans category.
- Second place in Social Responsibility was taken by the “Abeceda peněz” (“Money Alphabet”) educative programme.
- Silver for Stavební spořitelna České spořitelny for online building savings.
- Česká spořitelna – penzijní společnost received the bronze medal for its supplementary pension savings.
The Most Significant Taxpayer
Of all domestic banks, Česká spořitelna participated the most in financing the Czech state. It paid more than CZK 3.5 billion in corporate income tax for 2018 and was the second biggest significant taxpayer in the Czech Republic after Škoda Auto a.s., for which Spořitelna received an award from the Ministry of Finance and the General Financial Directorate.
In an online questionnaire for university students called the Top Employers, Česká spořitelna was voted the second most interesting employer in the banking and finance sector.
Managing Director Large Corporates
Director Large Corporates I