Česká spořitelna is a bank with the longest tradition in the Czech market. It has been one of the fundamental pillars of the Czech banking system for over 195 years. Under the Česká spořitelna – Corporate Banking brand, the bank provides a comprehensive solution for entrepreneurs and companies. Česká spořitelna has grown into the position of the leading corporate lender in the Czech Republic. It is the market leader in the area of providing financial services to municipalities and the public sector. Thanks to the wide range of foreign exchange, interest rate, commodity and money market products, Česká spořitelna occupies a dominant position also in treasury services and products for large, small and medium-sized businesses. Thanks to the strong backing of Erste Group Bank, the bank is able to provide services to clients also in foreign markets.
What are Česká spořitelna’s key competitive advantages?
- Long-term stability
- Strong credit ratings.
- Long tradition.
- Clear strategic focus on CEE.
- Market leadership
- Largest network of branches and cash services.
- Full range of services in commercial and investment banking.
- 4.67 million retail and corporate clients.
- Local expertise
- Niche services other banks do not provide.
- Knowledge of the local context.
- Strongest player in banking with municipalities.
- Wide portfolio of banking services and products supporting foreign investments throughout all stages of their lifecycle
- Plain vanilla financing (investment loans, working capital financing, overdrafts).
- Trade, export and asset-based finance (buyer’s credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, real estate financing, leasing).
- Structured financing (club and syndicated loans, acquisition and LBO finance, project finance).
- Our international desk will provide you with information and assistance for opening a business in all CEE countries where Erste operates.
- Our EU office can provide you with thematic and also tailor-made reports on macroeconomic and sector topics.
- Erste Grantika Advisory will guide you through EU and state funds and subsidies eligible for your investments in the Czech Republic.
- Leading provider of loans to entrepreneurs, companies and public sector entities.
- Leading arranger of syndicated, club, acquisition and project financing solutions.
- Leading arranger of foreign and domestic bond issues for both local and international clients.
- The largest provider of depositary and custody services to corporate and institutional clients.
- Leading M&A advisor for local and regional clients from both the business and public sectors.
- The largest EUR/CZK trader and leading provider of treasury services to corporate and public sector clients.
- The largest asset manager for external institutional clients.
- We acquire more than 800 new clients a year in the SME sector.
- We provide services to the public and non-profit sectors, including the majority of statutory towns and regions, and a large percentage of city authorities and municipalities.
Funding & Advisory
- Syndicated & Club Finance.
- Acquisition & LBO Finance.
- Real Estate / Project & Infrastructure Finance.
- Debt Capital Markets.
- CF and M&A Advisory.
- Debt & Rating Advisory.
- Grant Advisory.
- Cash Management.
- Card Acceptance.
- Trade Finance.
- Export Finance.
- FX Markets.
- Interest Rates Markets.
- Derivatives & Structured Products.
- Client & Treasury Solutions.
- Asset Management.
Selected awards in 2020
- Česká spořitelna won The Banker's Bank of the Year award 2020 for the Czech Republic. The Banker is a respected British magazine owned by the Financial Times.
- An expert jury composed of CEOs and executives of British companies and magazine editors especially praised Česká spořitelna’s openness to innovation, digitization, as well as the offer of financial advisory within the My Healthy Finance Service.
Golden Crown 2020
- Mortgages: Česká spořitelna’s mortgage has triumphed for the third year in a row.
- Business loans: The start-up loan offered to start-up entrepreneurs within the New Blood for Czech Business project also won first place for the third time in a row. The third place was taken by Česká spořitelna‘s Investment Loan.
- Payment cards: The Mastercard World Elite Metal payment card, which Česká spořitelna offers to Erste Private Banking clients, won first prize. The new contactless card became the first metal payment card offered on the Czech market.
- Pension savings: Česká spořitelna – penzijní společnost won third place.
- Financial Product 2020: Česká spořitelna - penzijní společnost won 1st place in the Pension Savings category.
Managing Director Large Corporates
Director Large Corporates I
The Czech economic story and situation during COVID-19 crisis